In a recent visit to Apple Store, I figured out how to move your iTunes music from one computer to another. If you want to transfer songs from your home computer to your work computer it is possible. Also, if you already bought songs you can transfer them to other computer without breaking the law. Follow these simple steps and you are good to go.
- Locate your iTunes Music Folder on your computer. The location is:
For Windows: (Documents & Settings -> your username -> My Documents -> My Music -> iTunes -> iTunes MusicFor Mac: GoTo -> Home > Music > iTunes > iTunes Music
- Based on the amount of music that you have this folder could be small to very large. You need to back it up on a CD, DVD, Hard Disk or Thumb Drive or any other media.
- Insert this CD in the computer where you want to move the songs.
- Open iTunes and choose Library->Add to Library
- Select the iTunes Music folder in the media.
That is it. If you do that you will see all your files copied to your new computer.