Sunday, November 1, 2009

Mac OSX Repeated Menus and strange rectangles

I was working on my MacBook since morning, all of a sudden I started noticing strange rectangles and repeated menus.
Shutdown
Shutdown
Restart
Restart

This was crazy, I tried restarting but since it is not MicroSoft Windows :) it did not help. I was not able to figure out what went wrong. No doubt I installed newer applications today but they have nothing to do with it. I was sick and I left worrying about it and tried to listen to music. Bingo!! as soon as I turned the application on, I found that my system was on mute. When I turned the sound on I got to know that it was my Voice Over feature which was on. So I turned it off by pressing Command + F5 key. That solved the problem. I guess those rectangles are for people who are specially able. Anyways, I was able to get rid of those nasty blocks now.

Post your comments if you found this helpful. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment