Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Seagte Maxtor Central Axis drive icon does not appear on MAC OSX

I recently bought a maxtor 1TB central axis drive from Seagate outlet to use it as a Time Capsule. I unwrapped it the day I received it and connected it to my router; installed the software and everything worked fine. I created users and set up security and everything that the manual said. However, I was supposed to see icon for a new mounted drive but I do not see it. It took me a little while to figure out what was wrong. Actually, I was not able to figure out what was wrong but I was able to access it to copy files back and forth from my computer and this new network storage server.

If you are at the same position as me, what you need to do is to go to the "Go->Network" menu and you will see your network drive. Open it and you will see the folders; folders are nothing but the users that you created. You can use any of the folders to copy files to and from over wi-fi. I will explain in my next post how to set this drive up as a time capsule.

If this was useful please share this post on your social media. 

No comments:

Post a Comment