- Start System/Administration/Update Manager.
- Click the Check button to check for new updates.
- If there are any updates to install, use the Install Updates button to install them, and press Check again after that is complete.
- A message will appear informing you of the availability of the new release.
- Click Upgrade.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
Wednesday, January 12, 2011
While working on a project recently, I had a need to upgrade to the latest version of Ubuntu. I followed the following steps mentioned at the Ubuntu help page.